The Zoo City GP returns to the action-packed Zoo City Motorsports Park Saturday December 3rd, 2016.The track features fast, flowing woods with some slower tight spots thrown in to make a little something for everybody. The motocross track makes for high-flying, fast paced action. However, if you’re not much of motocross rider, don’t sweat it. The Zoo City track offers up fun jumps for fast riders, but still very doable jumps for slower riders. (Bolt-On jumped everything on a KTM 530EXC dual-sport with a trials tire) Fun, flowing grass track is a blast for everyone and the optional extreme sections add another challenging aspect to the race as well. Combined together, all of this promises to make the Zoo City GP a must-race event.
PRO PAYBACK: 200%
FEATURING PRIZE GRAB!
When you see a pink ribbon hanging in the trail, grab it to win a prize!
These ribbons are attached my a clothespin, so you can clip them on your bike or body to make it to the finish. Just bring the ribbon to the prize tent located near rider registration to claim your prize! Oh, and just in case you think you’re gonna be smooth, we’ll be changing out the ribbons each moto, so don’t try to cheat!
Amateur and Youth classes: $35.00
Pro Class: $50.00 (200% Payback)
Zoo City MX Membership: $10.00/year (One Day Membership: $5.00)
Gate Fee: $10.00
Children under 12: $5.00
TENTATIVE MOTO ORDER/RACE TIMES
(Subject to change)
Race 1: 9:00AM
50 Sr. (7-8)
50 Jr. (4-6)
Casual Trail (4-8)
Trail Rider (7-15)
ZOO CITY GP RULES
- Event will follow AMA rulebook
- Motos will be 30 minutes PLUS 1 lap
- Dead engine start (except for 50cc)
- Start procedure is as follows:
1. The blue flag will signal all riders to shut down their engines with 30 seconds until start.
2. Referee will extend his arm to signal “10 Seconds” before the start of the race. At the “10 Seconds” signal, all crew members must step behind the riders.
3. Between 8 and 10 seconds, the green flag will be thrown, signaling the start of the race.
- Start procedure is as follows:
- Riders starting their machines prior to the green flag signal or taking off with the wrong row will be penalized.
- The machine a rider starts the race with is the official machine of the rider for that event, and may not be switched during the event.
- Riders are allowed within 20 feet of marked course EXCEPT for motocross track, grass track, double arrows or staked areas.
- Riders may go more than 20 feet to bypass a bottleneck provided that they re-enter at the first opportunity.
- Marking, cutting, tampering with or otherwise changing the course in any manner is strictly prohibited. Course modifications may only be made by an official.
- No one, except officials and riders officially entered in the race program, may ride on the race course at any time during the event.
- Riders may not cut to the inside of a white pole corner marker.
- If a rider leaves the course for any reason they must re-enter where they left the course.
- If you are caught cutting the course, you will not be stopped or told. You will simply be penalized NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
- Towing is prohibited. Racers whose machines are towed back to the pit area by staff or anyone are not eligible to return to competition for THAT MOTO. Any laps earned by a racer that returns to competition after receiving a tow back to the pit area will be removed. If a racer desires to repair their machine and return to the competition, they must decline the offer to tow their vehicle back to the pit area. This rule does not apply to racers towed only a short distance in order to dislodge the vehicle from a track obstacle (i.e., mud pit, deep rut, ravine, etc.).
- Class Eligibility is as follows
- 250 classes: 125-250CC 2-stroke and 4-stroke
- Open classes: ANY machine; this allows 250 riders to ride multiple classes if they desire.
- Vet classes: 30+ years old
- Senior classes: 40+ years old
- Masters class: 50+ years old
- Super Mini: (79-112cc 2-Stk; 75-150cc 4-Stk) Max. Wheels: Front 19″; Rear 16″. Big wheel and small wheel models permitted.
- 85cc classes: (79-85cc 2-Stk; 75-150cc 4-Stk) Max. Wheels: Front 17″; Rear 14″. Max. Wheelbase: 51”. Small wheel models only.
- Trail Rider: (70-150cc 4-Stk) Air-cooled models only. Limited to the non-competitive casual rider.
- Sportsman: 12+ years old, any skill level, any size machine.
- Protests must be submitted in writing within 30 minutes of posted results.
- Head Race Official: Jared Bolton
- Penalties will be assessed at the discretion of the Race Official based on the severity of the offense, and may include one or more of the following: position(s), lap(s), time adjustment, disqualification.
ZOO CITY MX TRACK RULES
- PRO CLASSES 200% PAYBACK
- “ALL” 50CC RIDERS RECEIVE AWARDS
- PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED FOR YOUTH CLASSES AGE AS OF 1-1-2014
- ZOO CITY MX MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDERS AVAILABLE AT SIGN UP ($10.00/YR OR $5.00/DAY)
- NO PIT RIDING OUT OF 1ST GEAR.
- RIDERS MUST ENTER THROUGH STAGING.
- RIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PARENTS & CREW. ANY RIDER/ PARENT/CREW DAMAGING PROPERTY OR NOT FOLLOWING ZOO CITY MX RULES WILL SUBJECT RIDER TO DISQUALIFICATION .
- RULES PERTAIN ANYTIME YOU ARE ON TRACK PROPERTY.
- NO REFUNDS
- IF A RACE IS CANCELLED AFTER THE FIRST SET OF MOTO’S ARE RAN, AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN ACCORDING TO FIRST MOTO FINISH.
- ALL RIDERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY PARENTS, LEGAL GUARDIAN, OR AN AUTHORIZED ADULT WITH WRITTEN, NOTARIZED PERMISSION OF PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
- ITEMS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
- RIDER MUST COMPLETE 50% OF TIME AND TAKE CHECKERED FLAG TO BE SCORED IN A FINISHING POSITION.
- CORRECTIONS MUST BE MADE AT TRACK ON RACE DAY! (WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF MOTO POSTING)